How is fiberglass made?
The most important role is still to be used as a zd light transmission medium. For example, the optical cable is actually covered with glass fiber, and its main reflection property is used, and the light intensity will not be lost.
Characteristics of glass fiber:
The general concept of glass is that it is a hard and fragile object, and it is not suitable for structural materials. However, if it is drawn into silk, its strength is greatly increased and it has flexibility. Therefore, it can finally become an excellent structural material after being shaped with resin. It can be seen from the inner figure 1 that the strength of the glass fiber increases as its diameter decreases. As a reinforcing material, glass fiber has the following characteristics. These characteristics make the use of glass fiber far more widely than other types of fiber, and its development speed is far ahead. Its characteristics are listed as follows:
(1) High tensile strength and small elongation (3%).Flexible fiberglass rope
(2) High elasticity coefficient and good rigidity.
(3) The elongation within the elastic limit is large and the tensile strength is high, so the impact energy is large.
(4) Inorganic fiber, non-combustible, and good chemical resistance.
(5) Low water absorption.
(6) Scale stability and heat resistance are good.
(7) Good processability, can be made into products of different forms such as strands, bundles, felts, and woven fabrics.
(8) Transparent and light-permeable.
(9) Development of surface treatment agent with good adhesion to resin is completed.
(10) The price is cheap.