Matters needing attention when constructing polyester fiberglass cloth
The following aspects should be paid attention to when constructing polyester fiberglass cloth:
1. Polyester fiberglass cloth must be installed on hot asphalt.
2. The proportion of asphalt used is 1.1 liters per square meter, but depending on the actual situation of the installation pavement and the expected overlap, the ratio of use will have a range: 1.0-1.3 liters per square meter. We do not recommend heating the bitumen in the transporter to above 204 °C, as this will prevent pre-maturation of the liquid bitumen.
3. Be careful when handling polyester fiberglass cloth. If the cloth roll falls from the transport vehicle, it will damage the polyester fiberglass cloth, causing application problems.
4. If streaks appear in the installation, any strips larger than 2.5 cm appearing in the paving direction must be cut and stacked, and the stack is manually immersed in the asphalt layer. Polyester fiberglass cloth must use a roller or brush to ensure that it is in full contact with the road surface and removes air bubbles. The coating width of the hot asphalt must be increased by 4 inches over the width of the polyester fiberglass cloth. Polyester fiberglass cloth is not easily bent or stretched on the curved surface. The cloth can be cut short when installed on a curved surface and can be installed mechanically or manually.
5. The polyester fiberglass cloth can be installed by using a mechanism driven by a tractor or a truck with a metal roller. The role of the metal roller is to ensure that the polyester fiberglass cloth is spread evenly on the road surface. A row of brushes must be installed behind the mounting rollers to ensure that the polyester fiberglass cloth is pressed into the asphalt coating. The joint of the polyester fiberglass cloth must have a laminated layer of 5.1 cm in the longitudinal direction and a laminated layer of 10.2 cm in the width direction. The top transverse joint must be in the direction of the paving and all joints must be joined together.
6. Paving machinery or other vehicles must be gradually unfolded on the top of the polyester fiberglass cloth installation, and it must be ensured that there is less steering as much as possible to avoid possible damage to the cloth. In the construction of the paving, the equipment tires must be attached to the fabric surface, and the sand surface should be sprinkled as little as possible to avoid being adhered. Do not reduce the amount of asphalt laid in order to reduce the adhesion of the tire.